What is Blogmas?
Merry Blogmas, everyone! On the first day of Blogmas, my true love gave to me… A confused look, while he asked, what is Blogmas?
Blogmas is like if bloggers had a virtual advent calendar for their readers. We pump out tons of Christmas, or wintery posts for the month of December, leading up to Christmas. You may be more familiar with Vlogmas when YouTubers take to the camera and create videos all December long. This is the same, but without the video editing because well, I’m just not quite there yet. haha!
I know what you’re thinking. Damn girl, are you out of your mind? I kinda am, but that’s alright!
Why am I partaking?
Well… Partially because I love a challenge, partially because there are way too many Christmas topics to cover in such a little amount of time. And finally, because I have the writing bug and my fingers just can’t stop!
I have thought this through. Trust me. Okay, that’s a bold-faced lie. I’ve partially thought this through. My goal is to either partake in 12 Days of Blogmas, meaning I make it halfway. Or, the ultimate goal of it all, all the way to Christmas Day.
The research has been done. Some of my topics have been chosen, and I want to share them to hopefully inspire other bloggers out there. Bloggers who like me, are doing Blogmas for the first time. It’s going to be tough, it’s going to take a lot of time and work. But dammit, we can do this.
Why should you join in?
- Great way to keep your creativity moving
- Excellent way to take time for yourself, destress and let everything just flow right out
- Good way to document all of the things you did throughout the holidays
- It keeps you accountable to show up and blog every day so you can build your brand
- You could possibly learn how to better batch your tasks
- Create new, faster practices
- Having a goal to reach gives you something to work up to
- It’ll give you a ton more content! Duh!
There are many more things that make Blogmas such a positive but I’m sure you get my drift.
Some of the things on my own Blogmas list are:
- My homemade Bailey’s recipe + vegan, dairy-free version
- Our family Christmas tree
- My favourite Christmas memory
- Winter skincare
- Make-ahead punches and sangria’s for the holidays
- Christmas cocktails
- Gifts for Bloggers, men, mom’s and moms-to-be
- My wishlist
- Our Christmas traditions
- The best Christmas movie list ever
- Christmas bucket list
Clearly, that list doesn’t give you all 25 days. It’s just what comes immediately to my head about this fun-filled time I have coming up. So buckle up friends! Tomorrow will be a new day and a new post so stay tuned!