What is it about New Year’s that just screams champagne? I’m fascinated with champagne cocktails for this upcoming holiday.
I don’t quite know why, but when I think about champagne, I think of two things. The Great Gatsby, and New Year’s Eve. It’s kind of glamorous really.
Fun fact, you can only call champagne, champagne, if it’s from Champagne, France. True story. All other wines with bubbles are just sparkling wines. So next time your friend says that they are opening a bottle of bubbly, that’s a fun little tidbit.
Another fun fact. Most champagnes, those ones from France that is. Don’t typically have their vintage on them (year). Why? Because of how tough it is to get a great year of growth in the climate that the grapes are grown in. Because of the demand for this particular wine, vintages aren’t used because of much of the time. A few years worth of grapes needs to be mixed in order to keep up with the amount needed. Therefore, a vintage cannot properly be marked. You can read more about this here.
You may also like:
- 12 Christmas punches and sangria’s
- DIY Homemade Irish Cream + Regular & Dairy-Free Vegan
- 12 Tasty clementine cocktails
Champagne is also an amazing palate cleanser and it lovely between courses if you’re having a large dinner. Or, if you’re passing hor ‘d oeuvres and don’t want something to pair poorly. This is why it’s one of the most commonly passed beverages at cocktail parties.
So, aside from being pretty, fancy and delicious, we can make some amazing cocktails. Check out some of the ones I’ve found below!
- Champagne Cosmo // from The Blond Cook
- Blood Orange Champagne Mule // from Half Baked Harvest
- Champagne Jello Shots // from The College Tourist
- Cotton Candy Champagne Cocktails // from Kirbie Cravings
- Lavender Lemonade Prosecco Cocktail // from Happiness is Homemade
- Rose Raspberry Sorbet Mimosas // from Fox and Briar
- Champagne Lemonade // from Real Housemoms
- Blackberry Lavender Champagne Cocktail // from The Adventure Bite
- Champagne Floats // from Real Housemoms
- Island Champagne Cocktail // from Mantitlement
- Blackberry Ombre Sparkler // from The Cookie Rookie
- Cherry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail // from Real Housemoms
- Amaretto Orange Bellini // from Wine and Glue
- Grapefruit and Sage Champagne Cocktail // from Floating Kitchen
- Rosemary Pear Sparkler // from Bon Aippetit
- Champagne Soaked Drunken Gummy Bears // from The Skinny Fork
- Champagne Lemonade Margaritas // from Marla Meridith
- Elderflower Prosecco Cocktail // from Great British Chefs
- Pineapple Mimosas // from Blackberry Babe
- Skinny Champagne Margaritas // from With Salt and Wit
I’d love to know if you have any great champagne cocktail recipes! Please leave yours in the comments below.
No time for this now? Need to save it for later? No problem! Share on Facebook, Tweet, or Pin with my social media buttons!