Golden milk or turmeric milk are becoming increasingly popular. Why? Because of the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric for your body. So, why not start the day with a tasty bowl of Golden Milk Turmeric Overnight Oats? It’s the perfect way to kick bloat, and inflammation in the ass before it really gets you.
This recipe is full of healthy fats, carbs that won’t leave you feeling guilty, protein, fiber, and tons of wholesome goodness. Plus it’s vegan. Don’t worry if you’re not vegan, it doesn’t taste like hey as you may think. It’s full of gut healing goodness that anyone will enjoy.
If you’ve been on Pinterest, or food blogs lately, you’ve been hearing about its benefits. If you haven’t let me fill you in.
Turmeric is an amazing spice that helps rid your body of inflammation, bloating, and more. If you’re experiencing pain, bloating, inflammation or just want something super healthy to try, this fragrant spice is wonderful. Now, when you’re cooking with turmeric, be sure to always add a little pinch of black pepper. Why? Because black pepper aids the absorption of turmeric in your body. In this recipe you won’t taste the pepper in your breakfast oats, I promise.
Now, one thing I do have to say. As incredible as this spice is, it can leave its mark, on you, clothes, containers and more. So, with that in mind, here are a few tips to use when cooking with turmeric: Use glass containers for storing, be careful of your bowl drips on furniture or clothing, also be mindful of the tea towel you may use to sop up any spills. In case you are wondering, yes, I am that clumsy, and I’m infamous for putting my plates/bowls on the arm of the couch as I eat. Another good tip, check your teeth in a mirror before you leave the house, it may leave a tinge.
Warnings aside of staining, you’re ready to make this oh so tasty recipe now. So on to the Golden Milk Turmeric Overnight Oats!
Golden Milk Turmeric Overnight Oats Recipe
Golden Milk recipe:
- 1 cup nut milk (coconut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- ½ tsp turmeric, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom *optional-ish
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
- Liquid sweetener to taste (I used 1 tbsp honey)
- ½ c steel cut oats (I used 3-minute steel cut, you can use regular if you wish)
- 1 ½ tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Mixed berries
- Cacao nibs
- Protein powder
- Collagen peptides
- In a small pot, on low-medium heat, whisk nut milk and spices. Let the mixture warm, add in honey and coconut oil. Whisk until honey is fully dissolved but don’t let the mixture come to a boil. Take the pot off of the heat and let cool for about 10 or so minutes.
- In a mason jar, add oats, and chia seeds. Pour in golden milk once cooled. Cover the jar with a lid and shake it like a mad woman/man. Store in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy, but for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice either warm or cold, it’s up to you!
What is your favorite overnight oat recipe? Leave it in the comments below!