The holidays and Irish cream go together like peanut butter and jelly. I have an awesome homemade, super easy, DIY homemade Irish cream (Bailey’s) recipe for you!
I’ve made this for a number of years now and honestly, wouldn’t go back to buying the store version again. It’s so simple and tastes exactly the same. Not to mention, you get a lot more Irish cream goodness for less than the price of a bottle of Bailey’s. It’s a win-win if you ask me.
Today you’ve hit the jackpot because I’m giving you both a vegan (dairy-free) and a regular recipe. That’s right. You can save this to your Pinterest once, for both recipes. Perfect if you are lactose intolerant, or are hosting someone who is. Or, if you or someone you know does not eat/drink dairy! Either way, dairy and non-dairy lovers will be able to rejoice and enjoy the holidays this year because you’ve got everyone covered.
Admittedly, my first batch this year, I didn’t buy enough whiskey. Sad face. Facepalm. Total meltdown. That’s okay though because I can just add more, shake and go.
Aside from the typical ice cubes and Irish cream, you can douse some vanilla ice cream with this liquid gold. Or, you can add it to coffee. Maybe you would like to drink it warm. The choice is yours.
Regular Irish Cream Recipe
- 2tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2cup Irish whiskey (I use Jameson’s)
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- Whisk the chocolate syrup, coffee and a tablespoon or so of cream together until coffee is dissolved.
- Add everything to your stand mixer and turn on low. Let your mixer do the work for 2 or so minutes until everything is all mixed. If you do not have a mixer, a whisk will do the trick!
- Pour into an airtight container and put it in the fridge. It can store for about two weeks. You can also freeze it, just be sure to let it thaw in the fridge.
- Shake well before serving over ice, coffee, or ice cream.
Dairy-Free Vegan Irish Cream Recipe
- 6/8 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300ml coffee
- 200ml Irish whiskey (to find out if your whiskey is truly Vegan go to Vegan.com)
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- Make the coffee. While it’s still warm, add the sugar and vanilla. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour coffee, Irish whiskey, and coconut milk into a stand mixer. Blend on medium low for about two minutes. Or, use a whisk.
- Store in an airtight container, preferably glass, until ready to serve. Make sure to always shake well before serving, the coconut fats will harden in the cool fridge. If it lasts long enough, you can store it for up to two weeks!
How do you enjoy your Irish cream? I’m dying to know! Share below in the comments.
No time to make this now? That’s okay, save, pin, or tweet this post for later using any of my social media buttons!